Saturday 25 February 2012

Shubh In Fabric

I feel very Happy , Satisfied every time I look at a quilt I made for my Son " Shubh "

This one was also inspired watching " Simply Quilts" ..they made a face ...it looked Beautiful and a wonderful , amazing work of Art . It was as if it is the real picture not something made with pieces of fabric .

It was sooo beautiful that I felt strongly this one I have to do it for my Son ..who was just 2 years old then in 2006.

So the project started first by looking for a deal to buy the book recomended on the show
First  Faces and Places by Charlotte Warr Anderson   and the second one" Picture piecing " by Cynthia England . Got the first one on ebay for $95  closed the brower thinking the book is very costly. For next few nights I could not sleep kept thinking of the project and the book , when my husband asked what's the matter I told him about my project and the book being very costly ...without even asking the price of the book , He said if you really want to make it properly then you will have to buy the book .
It took 2 days for the book to arive and then I started on a project which took me almost 2 and 1/2 months to complete . First read the book understood how it is done. A few trips to Kinko's to get print out of picture used in various shades to properly get and differentiate the various shades of skin .After more than 2 months what came out was this ...........



The whole Body is done overlapping the pieces of fabric on a light box joined together with tiny Hand stitches .
I made the shirt on lower border with a piece from his old pants ...Also the Dolphin on the border.
The Pocket on which the picture I made into Quilt is from one of his pants .
And finally his hand print on upper left corner .

I never felt so satisfied with my own work .
I cherish this one as one of my accomplishments :)

5 comments:

  1. i just love ur work di its awesome....
    good to c ur blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dear :) Glad that you visited the blog

      Delete
  2. Wow good work, is the quilt a copy of your sons pic, I am a new at making quilt, my mom loves to make quilts , but simple one, love this, I wish I could do like this for my daughter taking inyo consideration her picture.....this piece is a treasure to be cherished for life time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow good work, is the quilt a copy of your sons pic, I am a new at making quilt, my mom loves to make quilts , but simple one, love this, I wish I could do like this for my daughter taking inyo consideration her picture.....this piece is a treasure to be cherished for life time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you take orders to make such type of quilts

    ReplyDelete