Saturday 25 February 2012

Dolphin Quilt


Dolphin

If you see it is same block ...just that the three blocks used are rotated in a different manner and the background is made such that it feels as if the Dolphin is leaping out of water to go back again !!

I used Foundation piecing technique for this quilt and specially went to Mary  Jo's ( A shop with all kinds of amazing clothes you can think of  )in Gastonia  South Carolina  to get that "Sea " , " Clouds " and the fabric with fishes on it ,to give it a realistic effect .
Now that we have moved to India , I miss that shop in Gastonia . I just enjoyed being in that shop looking at most beautiful fabrics .
This is one of my favourites Wall quilts.



1 comment:

  1. Hi smita, presently we have moved to charlotte, and would love to make such type of quilts, using foundation piecing, could you please let me know where I can attend such type of learning classes

    ReplyDelete